Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Los Angeles,California land of the rich and poor!

Well let me tell you, I had a ball, from Beverly Hills to Zuma beach and the Hollywood hills, Newport beach, Manhatten beach and so much more, Madame Trousseau wax museum, Graumans Chinese Theater with all the hand and foot prints so much to do with so little time! I laughed sometimes so hard I almost pissed my pants (I know to much info) but what can I say it was one of those weeks where I sometimes laughed so hard it hurt, kinda of thing! We went on tours, The dearly departed tour, with all the unsolved mysteries of the stars and their demised and of course the tours of all the homes of the rich and famous. I am such a sap for all of this, with being a nostalgia buff, this is right up my alley! We went to the Nethercutt museum, This family is amazing.  They have the most wonderful collections of cars, pianos, organs sounds I have ever heard in my life and can you believe it, its all free.  Amazing family and amazing people to share their wonderful collection with the world is to me truly special in this day and age, when everything is about money! We went to great places to eat, and the last day we went on a sunset cruise in Newport that was just breathtaking to say the least, and the houses on this cruise will take your breath away! I have pictures galore with loads of memories and good times with people I love! I did not make the Hollywood Cemetery on my last day, because they closed it to the public. This is the resting place of some of the greatest stars in the world, like Rudolf Valentino and so much more! My family was like why do you want to see a cemetery, I said it is not just a cemetery it is the last resting place of the most famous people in the world! (they thought I was nuts, so be it, I did not care, oh well it was not in the cards this time maybe the next).  Now for the sadness of the trip, I have personally never seen in my lifetime, so many homeless people!  Mostly wherever you go in California you will see homeless people, laying near walls of buildings, talking to themselves and they look so lost and alone! In Hollywood Hills, where houses are worth millions and have gates and bushes about 15ft high blocking the views from the street for privacy we would see homeless people laying in the bushes in some spots sleeping with all there belongings with them, how sad is that, on one hand there are people with so much money they really do not know what to do with it and on the other hand you have people starving in the streets.  I did have a wonderful time, but when I go to sleep at night I seem to remember all the faces of the homeless and starving, and that was something I did not expect on my trip at all! I spoke with some people and I asked them how do you get used to being around this and seeing this each and everyday!  They said it is the California way of life and you get use to it!  I do not believe being from New Jersey where the homeless are not laying in streets that I would be ever use to it, nor would I want to be use to it!  Help is what is needed, not getting use to it!  Sad very sad indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment