Wednesday, November 7, 2012

10 days! (Hurricane Sandy)

Hi everyone, it has been a long journey, for my family!  No, no flooding for us, no our house did not get ravished by the ocean, I truly feel for all those that lost everything they owned! I was one many people that lost electric and food and all things that we are use to in our everyday life. We are spoiled by all the luxuries in our life, electric, heat, TV, looking good if you are a women and if you are a typical male, Sundays on the couch looking at football!  Warmth and light,  food in the fridge and enjoying your home knowing it is there for you and your family is by far the most wonderful thing in my life. After this I will never take what I have for granted again, I promise you that! After what little I have been through by far is a wake up call on how fast things change.  I cannot even fathom what people who have lost everything is going through right now! If I am being honest with myself, I have had a lot of selfish moments of feeling sorry for myself which I am not embarrassed at all!  In my area, for the last 10 days it has been no gas for cars lines and lines of people waiting in the cold, no heat and light and searching for places to get food!  Businesses after businesses closed and panic for everyone!  Street after street of trees on houses, roads closed and trying to find ways to those in the next town over.  Somewhere that took only 5min. to get to will take an hour or more. I was pissed off more than once when I was told by certain individuals, people have it worse than us, which of course I understand that but I don't need a person who gets all there privileges back 3 days into the storm and acts like I as a person have no rights or feelings at all for those people who have lost everything while they go home and are in there nice warm house and eating a hot meal with there love one! My answer to that person is look at yourself before you open your  mouth! Are you telling me I do not have the right to be upset that my life is upside down and I do not have the right to say I am cold and tired, really.  Any lost is a great loss no matter where,who and what people occur!  A person of older years living in the dark without heat and electricity for days is bad!  Being afraid of where your next meal is, is bad, wondering where your next pay check is coming from is bad, wondering if you have a job to go back to is bad! Wondering if the tree on your house that just caved in on your roof will be covered by Insurance is bad!  So please don't tell me we do not have it ruff we do, maybe not like others that loss all but enough to know we might loose it all too!  It is never about who has it the worse it should be about who needs help no matter what or where it is!  A selfish person is to me the person who says it, and half the time the person who says it is usually just worried about themselves in the long run! Thank god for people who really care about all people, not just some!

No comments:

Post a Comment