Monday, March 19, 2012

Lap Band! For me it is the best!

Around 3yrs ago I decided to get a lap band, which in my opinion was one of the best things I ever did! I have no regrets at all, on the other hand my husband and son feel I should of done it naturally. I tried numerous times to do it with no results at all!  My will power was not good! One day at 250 lbs I was getting out of my car and my knees were killing me. I was 50yrs old and felt like 65, every part of my body was aching me. I said that, day if I do not do something for myself I was going to be in big trouble. That is when my journey began!  With a lap band, if you are over weight you know you have to always eat small portions. When you first get it your mine is not always in sinc with your new way of eating. That is really what caused my family to not be happy with the band!  I was throwing up way to much and they were afraid for me and what I could possibly be doing to myself! I decided to write about this so if I could help people understand what not to do with the lap band versus what to do with it!  I am still working on all that even 3 yrs later!  But I am one happy women right now! At least I know my next 25 or 30yrs of my life will be the best quality of life I could have given myself! Instead of feeling 65, I feel 30. Being overweight really does weigh you down not only physically but emotionally.

3 comments:

  1. Hi...I have decided to do this as well but my husband is totally against it. He think it should be all natural and I just need to exercise. I work full time and have 2 toddlers. I am always on the go and don't have time to exercise. I am on so many medications that I spend 500 a month in copays. I'm done. Time to try the lap band. I am glad to hear you had good results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Lisa he is not as bad as he was when I first got it. I threw up all the time which made him even more upset about it. But I have learn to eat the right way. which when doing that you have no problem with that. I love it and have no regrets at all for me it worked and love the way I look and feel!

    ReplyDelete