Friday, September 14, 2012

Pathmark shooting in Oldbridge NJ

I always wonder as I am sure you all do, of what makes a person go over the edge and hurt innocent people!  Detail of the Pathmark shootings are coming out of how and what the people in the store were hearing and seeing!  You never think this could happen to you, you mine your own business you go to work and it is just another day, not ever thinking it could be your last! My son works in Shoprite, and you wonder of all the what ifs and the maybes that this would happen there! Who would have thought, in a movie theatre or a grocery store you would take you last breath on earth there!  What are the signs, what could have change the outcome of what happen to all those beautiful people.  The sad part is it happens, we feel for the families, our life's stay the same and they feel the lost the rest of their life's!  Time goes by days and years and people forget until it happens again!  They say to look for signs of mental illness, people saw signs a problem in the person who killed all those people in the theatre shootings but no one listened to them!  In the Pathmark case people have said he never got over his mom's death, is that a sign that he would kill people!  It is almost impossible to pinpoint something like this to be prevented!  I wish there was a way, but in all honesty, facts are you will never know from one day to the next if and when it could happen again to anyone of us! I now make sure when I see my son walk out the door to say I love you Rob, be safe, its pretty much a must for me to do that!  I taught him to lock the doors at home, I taught him to lock his doors at night when driving to work, I told him to put his seat belt on in car, I told him to never talk to strangers when he was young, but how do you tell them that you will have to watch out for a derange person at a movie theatre or a depress person who you worked with at a grocery store. How do you tell a child that?

No comments:

Post a Comment